Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lights, camera, action!


Since being a blogger doesn’t pay much, we need to search for other kind of income sources. With this in mind, last Sunday I ended up on set to record Per Gessle’s new music video. For those who don’t know who Per Gessle is, remember the old pop-rock band “Roxette”? Well, he is the guy. Not very known abroad, he is a big celebrity in Sweden and has his solo career going on.


The song is called “Silly really” and the video script is about a nerdy guy who tries to sing karaoke in a disco, while everybody else makes fun of him. Three kinds of characters were on scene: business men, who would point at the poor nerd; drag queens, who would have fun with him and four girls, including me, who would look hot, laugh and drink. Since you all know it takes more than one take to achieve perfection, we had to drink lots of horrible tasting Champagne many times. Argh!


From the three girls with me, one was nice. The other two looked like they had diarrhea. You know, not only that serious look, but when they look so bored that their eyes seem like they were pulled down to their mouth. And they were pretty, but looked like they had smelled pooped diapers.


Well, I played my part walking in the background, drinking, laughing about nothing and so. The whole thing took seven hours, but the filming crew was still there when I left. Was a cool and boring experience at the same time. Also, it’s the kind of activity where you need to deal with lots of competition and egocentric people, fighting for who will show off more. Not really my thing.


In the end I got paid cash (the best part) and went home happy but not very sure if I would want to do it again. Well, we never know. I will make sure to post the video here once it’s ready so you can check it. See you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT, GIRL!!!