Monday, May 18, 2009

Eurovision


I should have posted yesterday, but anyway...today's post is about Eurovision, the famous European song contest. The same that introduced ABBA to the world in 1974.

The show is hosted in English but incredibly they need to translate everything to French, because...well, you know how french people are.
It is cool to watch but every year it's the same: most of the women trying to look sexy, most of the guys trying to look gay and most of the songs sounding the same, europop. Boring.

Two of the songs caught my attention for being a bit different than the rest: the one from Portugal and the one from Norway. I didn't really like these songs, but I appreciated the change brought by them to the competition.

In the end Norway won the first place and I am sure it happened partly because of the singer, Alexander Rybak, being "so cute" (he looks like one of those magical creatures from enchanted forrests) .

Here is the video of the winning song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaSshKURz7g
So now my readers who don't live in Europe can get a little bit more updated about what happens around here. See you !

No comments: