Saturday, September 27, 2008

Show me the meaning of being boooored


Hi people. I decided to stop my "irritating" posts for a while, since I realized nothing really irritates me here in Sweden. Instead, today I will write about the wonders of being bored at home.
I know most people who work dream of not working. They come home and complain about being tired, not having enough time, the boss is a prick and so on. The sad thing is that many of the ones who don't have a job (and specially, live in a different country than your own) feel equally disturbed by the lack of things to do, lack of challenges and maybe even the lack of a pricky boss!
I tried it all:

Running in Slottsskugen (a park around here)> after precise 30 seconds I felt my heart jumping out of my mouth.

Ok, walking in Slottsskugen> in one week I could tell the order of appearence of each dog and its owners through my circuit. The day I realized I wanted to stop was when around 17:00 of a windy afternoon I saw no one else but me in the park and I thought it should be rapists season. Better to walk in the mornings.

Watching tv> I seriously know by heart the dialogues and songs in the commercials. "kom igen kom igen byt upp dig", "It's good to be three" and so on. Advertisement has no better target than me.

Shopping> it's hard to keep up when you realize you have no money. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to watch stuff through the windows like a hungry dog watching the chicken machines.

Taking care of home> after a while you master all the tasks and then you manage to finish them pretty fast. This means you will have the entire day to explore your boredom.

Socializing with your partner> this feels almost like a dog thing too if you spent the entire day bored. When the partner gets home you just want him to pet you a bit or throw a ball so you can catch. He is your best friend (this comparison was amazing, wasn't it?)!

So, after all these trials, I decided to meet my friends more often, after all the ones I meet often through the week are the ones equally bored and jobless like me. We will end up starting some discussion group or something like that, like rich bored people do. But instead of deciding where donating money to we will talk about what to cook or which job websites are the best.
Anyway, the point with that text is: don't complain about having a job, you could be working for the sake of boredom instead. And trust me, you don't want it to be your boss.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maninha, maybe you and your friends will find a way to conquest the world with a new idea of a store or something that no one has ever thought about before... hahahahah!! it will be the revolution of the latins in Sweden hahahaha!!

beijo

Unknown said...

I bet the chicken machine reference only put images on the eyes of people who have been to Brasil.. since they are about as common as homeless dogs in Sweden :)