Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sali!


In order to take care of my body and health I go to the gym every day. And every day it’s the same thing on the radio: Rihanna, Neyo, Justin, Britney etc with the same songs top of the billboard. The kind of “working out music”. You can lift small weights following the rhythm:“Umbrella, ella, ella, e, e, e”... could you picture it? Works perfect. I even memorized the order of the songs the DJ plays. He probably leaves the whole list playing and goes home or something.

The thing is: one of these days to my surprise, it was not Rihanna leading my work out series, but some kind of slow music in a language I couldn’t identify. Then after some few verses I realized it was Finnish . The gym owner, a happy old man from Finland, came closer to me and I asked him what it was:

-This is Finnish tango! I am Finnish, you know…hehe.

-Oh, nice! Cool to listen to something else than the same pop stuff on the radio. -I said cordially.

Big mistake. The following days were interesting. He would play Finnish tango all the time and it was nice, I liked it. The thing is that after two whole weeks listening to it you realize you do your series much slower than normal. And not only that…after the tango he would play old romantic American songs. So instead of having Rihanna and her “Disturbiaaaa” disturbing me and making me do fifty sit ups, I could do only 25 to the sound of “Unforgettable...in every way….”. And not only me. Actually most of the ones working out are quite old and you can see their eyelids closing slowly while they pull and lift… “Crazy…crazy for feeling so lonely…” and we all get slower.
I really hope this is not part of a sordid plan by the happy Finnish man. Getting us all drugged with music. Nice “narcotics”, I guess :)

No comments: