Friday, December 12, 2008

SO DIRTY!


I don’t really know if it’s just me or I’m surrounded by people who don’t really care about hygiene. I still remember the first time I came to Sweden and stayed at a friend’s place. When it was time to go to bed I would brush my teeth, but he never did the same. Then one day I decided to ask: “Don’t you brush your teeth before sleeping?” and he simply said “No, I never get cavities”. From that day on I pitied every girl who could possibly have a relationship with him. After all, if he didn’t mind not cleaning something everyone can see/smell, think of the “hidden” parts…

This is only one of some examples of disgusting things I am in contact with here in Sweden. Today’s list is about them:

-Kids eat whatever: So many times I see babies chewing on books, keys, plastic wrappings and even pieces of wood. Start paying attention and you will understand what I’m talking about. The parents really seem to live by the saying “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”.

-The towel: Today I saw this woman showering at the gym. Since there was no hook for her to hang her towel, she simply threw it on the bathroom floor! Now think of everyone stepping around with dirty shoes and the woman cleaning her whole body with that towel soaked in dirt.

-Dust: Another non important issue for many here in their houses or apartments. Maybe some of them keep their furniture full of it for the Acari’s (those microscopic creatures who eat dead skin and live in the dust) sake.

-Yellow teeth: No it’s not gold. It’s coffee and tea excess and bad teeth brushing. It of course added to that humid and warm breath….urgh.

-Animals: They go out for a walk and when they come back it’s germs party time! Paws-sofa, paws-bed, paws-whatever, bringing every dirt from the streets straight into your home!

-I want candy: I was on the tram and this man (he indeed looked like someone who didn’t care at all about hygiene) opened a little box with candy. One of them flew straight to the floor. Thinking about food waste and the poor children of Somalia, he bent over, took it and ate it! A whole new flavor…

Take a look around and I’m sure you will spot other nice examples. That’s it for today. Stay clean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, everyone knows about the "three second rule"!

Also important to note that early childhood exposure to bacteria helps the body develop antibodies that keep us healthy later in life. There is some debate that people who are 'obsessively' clean are actually putting their children at more risk.

Sometimes I like to roll around in my own filth. Don't hate me for it :p

Toma said...

Let, are not you bored to moderate all the answers ? :P