Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...


Regardless of the huge time difference between USA and Sweden, I managed to watch the Oscars 2009. The ceremony started around 3:30 am here and lasted more than three hours. Since it can be a bit boring I fast forwarded it in many occasions, for example, when Beyonce performed. Why? I just can’t stand all that screaming in her singing. What a normal singer would sing in 3 seconds takes her 12 seconds because of the uuuhhhhouou..heeeieeii after every word in the verse. Aff!

Leaving Beyonce (Annoyonce)behind, here are some of the things I realized while watching the Oscars:

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt: they came alone. I wondered what their 138 kids were doing at home.

No polemics: no hysterical thanking, no manifestation, nothing outstanding happened.

Sophia Loren: She was there and it seemed like she had come right out of a tomb. Her face is almost a female version of Michael Jackson’s.

Slumdog Millionaire: the India related movie won mostly everything. I just couldn’t get one word of what they said while thanking in English.

Wolverine: He hosted the ceremony. Charming but not funny. Who cares, he is Wolverine.

See, it was so boring that I can’t even further criticize…damn.

See you guys tomorrow.

Dovízhdane!

No comments: