Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brazilian game party. Aff....

Yesterday I went out with some friends to a Brazilian party to watch Brazil's first performance in the World Cup.
The place was crowded, more Swedes than anything else and they even played (bad) samba. It was funny to be in that environment, I started to see all the good old stereotypes:

-Brazilian girls in short shorts despite the Swedish cold;
-Brazilian guys checking on girls like if they could eat them with the eyes;
-Good looking Swedes with ugly Brazilians and vice versa;
-Swedish guys expecting to hunt Brazilian girls;
-Swedish girls expecting to be hunted by Brazilian guys.

Past all that, we had to stand for the whole first half of the game, dodging sweaty armpits and long people, to be able to see something in the big screen they had there. Result: by the beginning of the second half, I was already on my way home.
I saw no goals, but at least Brazil won!
Next game I will watch at home though...

(By the way, did you see the crying guy from North Korea? Poor! Broke my heart)

1 comment:

Lady Penelope said...

I watched the game on TV here in my home in England. This World Cup seems to be throwing up many strange things. On and off the pitch. The top teams seem to be so hesitant, not wanting to lose I suppose.I won't mention Englands performance...(oh no...I couldn't believe it was MY team playing that badly!!)
but maybe as you say...best to wtch the whole thing on TV...you get a better, more comfortable view..x