Monday, June 7, 2010

190 million hearts cheering together!

How are you preparing yourself for the world cup? Maybe you don't care much but, me, like every Brazilian, can't wait for its beginning. I actually envy the ones who can be in Brazil to watch it because it is truly magical.
Most people in Rio organize barbecue parties for days when we play. It's not very common to see huge screens everywhere on the streets, 'cause most everyone is indoors, partying and watching the game closely. The streets tend to get completely desert actually.
Besides decorating everything, we also paint walls, sidewalks, streets etc with football related figures and sayings.
Here are some pics of a street in Rio very known by its nice and extensive decoration: "Alzirão". It hardly illustrates it, so I recommend you to visit it if you are in Rio right now.

Since this is my first world cup outside Brazil, I managed to find a Brazilian party to attent to and watch the first game (15/06) with my compatriots in the best Brazilian style: football and samba!
Good luck to us all and play fair!

1 comment:

Lady Penelope said...

Lovely designs...and yes, I'm from England, so the World Cup is an interest, and I'll be watching most of the games on show. Just this minute finished watching the first match of the tournament. 1-1 Draw Mexico and the host nation. South Africa. Not too exciting, but a taster for what's to come. Much Enjoyment ahead.