Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cut from the same cloth

Have you realized how Eminem and Britney are similar? We are used to songs about second or third parties, like"She", "You are so beautiful" and so on, but not from Eminem and Britney. Most of the songs they sing are about themselves. I don't mean singing about their life experiences or anything, simply everything revolving around them. What they want, what they do, everyone watches them, they are the center of attention. Check out these minor examples:


Britney: 


"Overprotected": I can't help the way I feel
But my life has been so overprotected
I'm so fed up with people telling me to be
Someone else but me



"Let me be": Think that I can't stand on my own
It ain't my philosophy,
Won't you just let me, let me be?

"What it's like to be me": This is my game, my rules
And I can see, obviously,
Baby You don't know
What It's like to be me 

"Piece of me": Well, pretty much the whole song is only about her

"My prerogative": Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?

"Circus": All the eyes on me in the center of the ring
Just like a circus

"If you seek Amy": Love me hate me
Say what you want about me
But all of the boys and all of the girls are
begging to If You Seek Amy
(Even when she sings about a third person, it's about herself!)

Eminem:

"I'm Shady": I'm Shady!!
.. And that's my name 


"My name is": My name is Slim Shady... I don't give a fuck, God sent me to piss the world off! (He must be some kind of rapper Jesus)

"The way I am": And I am, whatever you say I am
If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am
Radio won't even play my jam

"The real Slim Shady": 'Cause I'm Slim Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
All you other Slim Shadys are just imitating
So won't the real Slim Shady please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?

"I'm back": That's why they call me Slim Shady (I'm Back) 
I'm Back (I'm Back) (SLIM SHADY!) I'm Back

"When I'm gone": And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice

"Without me": 'Cause it feels so empty without me

Don't you agree? Pop 'cause it's egocentric or egocentric cause it's pop?

No comments: